Thursday, April 10, 2008

broken

A lot of healing just took place I think. Being an RA, I have watched girls change and grow and experience lots of things this year, and there was an event on campus tonight that might have finally broken (in a good way) several of the girls. I just had the most beautiful conversation with a girl who discovered before my very eyes that she has never really believed that God loves her, so she has spent her entire life feeling inadequate.

It is moments like now that I just step back in awe of the fact that I get to be with these women and experience these momentous things alongside them. What a privilege. We talked for a long time about her learning to love herself, and her fear that now is too late to finally trust that God loves her regardless of all the baggage she has. I can only imagine how beautiful she must be to God right now, limping to him carrying all this crap, but still trying to come anyway. Brokenness is where you find true beauty, and where real dynamic people emerge. I am amazed.

The new RAs for next year have been chosen, and I met my replacement today. She is very eager and excited, and I feel war torn and seasoned. I felt really old. You can only tell them so much about what it is really like because they are excited and there is only so much they will hear and understand. But nights like tonight make me miss this "job" already, and yet excited for her to be able to live intentionally as the leader of 44 girls trying to become women.

I am excited for the next few months, I think there is a lot in store.

No comments: